The overall objective of this project is to create an enabling platform and activate girl child in Nasarawa State, Nigeria, to play active roles in the achievement of the sustainable development goals by 2030, particularly in the climate and conservation action, and food security space.
The specific objectives of this project are:
- To raise generation of girl child that are conscious of their environment, and equipped with skills to take actions and protect it as changemakers.
- To promote a practical, replicable and scalable pathway for poverty alleviation, increased climate resilience, organic waste management, ecosystem restoration, and in the long run, to ensure that the environment around is conserved.
- To raise a generation of thoughtful female leaders with passion for community development and sustainable livelihoods.
- To empower communities to govern themselves, live in harmony with nature, and maintain a lifestyle that is sustainable
The anticipated benefits of this project will include building the leadership and technical competence of 1000 girl child in Nasarawa State Nigeria on sustainable development related matters, and to be better positioned to favourably compete with their peers across the world through education, capacity building, and mentoring. The overall impact of the project will drive the state further towards the achievement of the sustainable development goals 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, and 15 of the United Nation.
- To improve the well- being of vulnerable and underprivileged girls in the selected communities in Nasarawa State.
- To promote primary, secondary and vocational education to vulnerable and underprivileged girls in the selected communities.
- To provide care and support services to these vulnerable and underprivileged girls.
- To promote income generating opportunities to the vulnerable and underprivileged.
- Prevention of the involvement of these vulnerable and underprivileged girls into early and force marriages, commercial sex activities, child domestic labour and other immoral activities.
- To promote more cohesive considerate and creative individuals/societies with equal opportunities and rights for all.
Project Target Group
The main target groups are the most vulnerable and underprivileged girls in the Nasarawa State. A total of 250 girls shall directly benefit from the program. The age group of 9 to 18 years will be considered