- To improve the well- being of vulnerable and underprivileged girls in the selected communities in Akwa Ibom State.
- To promote primary, secondary and vocational education to vulnerable and underprivileged girls in the selected communities.
- To provide care and support services to these vulnerable and underprivileged girls.
- To promote income generating opportunities to the vulnerable and underprivileged.
- Prevention of the involvement of these vulnerable and underprivileged girls into early and force marriages, commercial sex activities, child domestic labour and other immoral activities.
- To promote more cohesive considerate and creative individuals/societies with equal opportunities and rights for all Project Target Group:
The main target groups are the most vulnerable and underprivileged girls in the AkwaIbom State. A total of 500 girls shall directly benefit from the program. The age group of 9 to 18 years will be considered.
Project Expected Outcome
- 500 vulnerable and underprivileged girls shall be supported with school fees, uniforms and books on a term basis.
- 500 vulnerable children and youths shall access scholastic and training materials on a termly basis.
- 500 vulnerable children and youths shall be trained on income generating green businesses.
- 500 vulnerable children and youths shall access basic primary health care and support.
- A community that is more aware about importance of girls education which will motivate more girls into schooling.
- Increased livelihood opportunities for the poor in rural villages.
- Adolescent girls are informed and empowered to demand SRHR services, participate and take on leadership positions within the school and the community.
- Empowered and committed communities will value quality education for all children, especially girls.